LuckChain Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: the expected date only  (Read 63 times)

zxlbxj1

• View Profile
the expected date only
« on: January 05, 2019, 11:02:00 am »

ATLANTA -- Freddie Freeman insists the Atlanta Braves have no special insight when playing the Washington Nationals. "I dont know if its about getting in their heads," Freeman said. "You just want to go out there and win series. It doesnt matter who its against." Freeman and Justin Upton each hit a two-run homer off Gio Gonzalez and the Braves completed a three-game sweep of the Nationals with a 10-2 victory on Sunday. Beating Washington for the 18th time in the last 25 series matchups, Atlanta is hoping to use another fast start against the Nationals to win a second straight NL East title. The Braves have won five of six against the Nationals this year. "We have a 19-game stretch against division opponents," Freeman said. "This is where you can get off to a good start and get off to a good lead and hopefully well keep playing well when we get to" Philadelphia to begin a four-game series Monday. Washington began the day by placing third baseman Ryan Zimmerman on the 15-day disabled list with a broken right thumb. Hell be out four to six weeks. With Zimmerman and leadoff hitter Denard Span sidelined, the Nationals lineup managed just five hits off Aaron Harang (2-1), who allowed one run, one walk and struck out five in six innings. Gonzalez (2-1) continued his struggles against the Braves, giving up nine hits, six runs and four walks and striking out six in six innings. Despite ranking second in the majors among left-handers with 34 wins since the start of 2012, Gonzalez is 2-7 with a 5.31 ERA in 10 starts against the Braves during that span. He hasnt received more than one run of support in any of his seven winless starts against Atlanta. "We were catching bad breaks," Gonzalez said. "We were making some big mistakes, and as a starting pitcher youve got to learn to adjust and keep the ball down." Harang, making his 322nd career start and third with the Braves, improved to 2-4 with a 3.72 ERA in 10 starts against Washington. Gus Schlosser, Atlantas fourth pitcher, gave up Adam LaRoches third homer in the ninth to make it 10-2. Ross Detwiler, Washingtons second pitcher, allowed four unearned runs in the eighth on Freemans RBI double and Andrelton Simmons first homer, a three-run shot that put the Braves up 10-1. Gonzalezs struggles began in the first. After walking leadoff hitter Jason Heyward, Gonzalez made an errant underhanded throw to first baseman LaRoche on B.J. Uptons bunt single. The ball rolled away from LaRoche, allowing Heyward to advance to third and B.J. Upton to second. Freemans sacrifice fly scored Heyward, and Justin Upton homered to make it 3-0. Over his last six games, Justin Upton is hitting .590 with four homers in 22 at-bats. "We know what were capable of and what we want to achieve," Justin Upton said. "If everybody can contribute every day, I think well be fine." Atlanta added three more runs in the second. Tyler Pastornicky led off with a triple and scored on Heywards RBI double. Freeman followed with his fourth homer to give the Braves a 6-0 lead. Washingtons first run came on Jose Lobatons RBI groundout, scoring Kevin Frandsen from third to make it 6-1 in the fifth. Freeman, who has hit .470 in his last 34 at-bats, avoided a scare in the fourth when Gonzalezs 92 mph fastball hit the outer right side of his right hand. Like the rest of the day, everything seemed to go Atlantas way. "It pinched my pinkie into the bat," Freeman said. "It was more a scare than an injury. I got really lucky. I think if I didnt choke up, Im done. By choking up, it got some fat right there. I kind of lucked out, I think." NOTES: Washington RF Jayson Werth returned after a sore groin forced him from the lineup on Saturday. Werth went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts and stranded three runners. ... Simmons hit in the No. 5 spot for the first time in his career, going 2 for 5 with three RBIs. ... Nate McLouth was supposed to start in CF and bat second for Washington, but manager Matt Williams said he tweaked his left knee while shagging flyballs during batting practice and was held out. ... Nationals LF Steven Souza Jr. made his major league debut in the seventh as Frandsen moved to second base and Danny Espinosa left the game. Souza struck out in the eighth. ... The Nationals called up INF Zach Walters from Triple-A Syracuse to take Zimmermans spot on the 25-man roster. Walters struck out as a pinch-hitter to end the game. ... Span, on the seven-day DL with concussion symptoms, missed his second straight game. Nike Air Max Net . According to Dave Stubbs of The Montreal Gazette, preliminary talks have begun between Markov - an unrestricted free agent this summer - and general manager Marc Bergevin. Nike Air Max Tilbud .J. Ward appeared in court Friday on misdemeanour charges that he threw a glass mug at a bartender at a Denver strip club. http://www.nikeairmaxnorge.com/. Ronaldo failed to connect on an ample number of opportunities at Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. But Karim Benzema and Jese Rodriguez scored in each half for Madrid to come out of the first leg with the firm advantage. Nike Air Max Salg .Connor Graham, Alex Lintuniemi and Sam Studnicka also scored for Ottawa (11-8-2). Liam Herbst made 21 saves for the win.Brendan Lemieux had both of Barries (10-10-2) goals. Billige Nike Sko Air Max . A day after FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke said three stadiums would not be ready in time for the Dec. 31 deadline, Brazilian officials said they actually plan to deliver all six remaining venues after that date. They claim only three are delayed, with the other three being handed over after the expected date only because of problems accommodating the schedule of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, who wants to be present for the ceremonies.Madison Bumgarner will have to settle for the longest save in World Series history rather than a Game 7 win.Bumgarner was originally credited by the official scorers with the win after throwing five innings of shutout relief to close out San Franciscos 3-2 victory over Kansas City on Wednesday night.After consulting with the Elias Sports Bureau, Bumgarner was credited with the save instead and reliever Jeremy Affeldt got the win for his first career Series decision. The change was announced about 50 minutes following the final out.Affeldt was in the game when the Giants scored the go-ahead run in the fourth inning to take a 3-2 lead.Under rule 10.17, the only way a pitcher does not get the win when he is in the game when the winning run scores is if he is a starter and did not go five innings or was ineffective in a brief appearance. Affeldt pitched 2 1-3 scoreless innings in relief of Tim Hudson and therefore earned the win.That gave Bumgarner the save as the finishing pitcher in the victory. The previous longest save in Series history since it became an official stat in 1969 was a 3 2-3 inning stint by Steve Howe in the Game 6 clincher for the Dodgers against the Yankees in 1981. Lefty Grove would have gotten a 4 1-3 inning save in Game 2 in 1929 for the Philadelphia Athletics against the Chicago Cubs under the current rules.Bumgarner won two games as a starter, and he joined Rawly Eastwick of the Reds in 1975 as the only pitchers witth at least two wins and a save in a single World Series.ddddddddddddhe win capped a brilliant post-season for Affeldt, who also got the win in the NL Championship Series clincher against St. Louis and pitched 11 2-3 scoreless innings this month.Affeldt relieved Hudson with two on and two outs in the second inning and got Nori Aoki to hit into a forceout to keep the game tied at 2. He then was helped by a sparkling double play started by second baseman Joe Panik in the third and got another double play in the fourth before turning it over to Bumgarner.That saved us. That saved me, Affeldt said. To lay out the way he did and flip it and get the double play, that was the game-changer for me.Affeldt has 22 straight scoreless post-season appearances since allowing a run in Game 1 of the 2010 World Series, one shy of Mariano Riveras record.Hes incredible on what he did, manager Bruce Bochy said. We talked to Jeremy about his role today. These guys are so unselfish. They dont care. Theyll pitch anytime. He was all in on how we were going to use him and pretty amazing numbers that he has throughout this post-season. Because of him, hes played a critical role in these three championships.For his career, Affeldt is 2-0 with an 0.86 ERA in 33 post-season games and has been part of three title teams in San Francisco.It means a lot to me, he said. My three boys now all get to have rings on their finger and Im very happy about that. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '