LuckChain Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: www.metsfanproshop.com  (Read 48 times)

panxing18

• View Profile
www.metsfanproshop.com
« on: June 03, 2019, 09:26:44 am »

Back to your regularly scheduled Friday video game rumblings"MLB.com’s Jeffrey Flanagan has this week’s Twitter mailbag:Leigh Oleszczak at KC Kingdom also weighs in on Moose:Alex Duvall doing double duty over at Royals Farm Report.First Nolan Ryan Jersey , he continued their Prospect Rankings with numbers 20-16.Then he runs historical comps for Nicky Lopez:This week, Caesar’s released their win total over/unders. The Royals come in at 69, 3rd lowest in the AL. Interestingly, 7 teams in the AL are at 77 or lower. Going to be a lot of ugly games this season as “the tank” is popular.We don’t see a lot from them about baseball, but Scout said to take the over. Interestingly:Apparently, the Royals, along with the Tigers and Diamondbacks, watched an Adrian Gonzalez workout last week.MLB is looking at a rule change around DL and option time, moving both back to 15 days.This is to alleviate some of the sketchy ferrying of relievers between AAA and MLB.Personally, I do think something has to be done about this issue - it’s not really fair to the pitchers who get jerked around all year and it’s definitely against the spirit of the 25-man roster.However, teams should also not risk players’ health by waffling whether they should go on the DL or not so there may be unintended consequences. I’m not sure this is the solution but I’m curious as to the results.In today’s The Best of Royals Review (TM), we’re looking back at a Fanpost (WhatPost? FanWhat?). I’m stealing the description straight from Max’s The Best of Royals Review: 2012im_not_that_bright also had some popular stories in the style of other authors like Dostoyevsky and, my personal favorite: Dispatches from 2013 about Luke Hochevar.It’s a leftovers Friday.Time for some older, off-the-wall stories that I don’t think were ever posted here.If they were, you can be polite and not mention it.***This is a couple of weeks old but fairly high profile and a search didn’t show any mention of him on these pages.Enes Kanter’s a fairly non-descript Turkish player for the Knicks.He made news a couple of nights ago for not playing and wanting to get away from New York.But that basketball minutiae is best left to Posting and Toasting.The bigger story about him staying out of a game was from a couple of weeks ago.The Knicks played in London last week and he didn’t go because he’s worried he could be detained or killed because he’s a critic of Turkish president Erdogan.And lest you think this is just some player preening for the cameras: “Kanter has said he believes the Turkish government has targeted his father in the past because of the player’s critical stance against the country’s government. In 2017, Kanter’s Turkish passport was canceled and he was held at a Romanian airport upon landing in Bucharest... [Kanter] has received death threats... According to a report by The New York Times, Erdogan has jailed, fired or suspended tens of thousands of people accused of plotting a failed coup. In December 2017, Turkey’s state-run news agency, Anadolu Agency, reported that prosecutors were seeking more than four years in prison for Kanter on charges of insulting Erdogan in a series of tweets he posted in 2016.”That’s just crazy that a millionaire basketball player can be afraid of his life because of his political views.***Max briefly touched on this with a story a couple of weeks ago, but let’s look at it further.After Disney lobbied for copyright reform in the late 90s, no new material has joined the public domain for 20 years.Finally, we are moving forward again.At least until their lawyers revisit this issue.After all, Steamboat Willie joins the public domain in 5 years and I’m guessing they’re not very excited to lose their exclusive rights to Mickey Mouse.There’s a lot of interesting material heading there in the next few years:Of course, it’s not quite that simple:***In other news, apparently it’s hard to find pants if you’re a hockey player.Finally, from the funny files: How could I pass up the headline “Authorities warn people to not eat chicken tenders spilled on roadside”?Or “A tiny town has been overrun with ‘cute’ but confused seals”?Back in the 8-bit generation, consoles didn’t have much graphical horsepower.The 16-bit generation was similar with few exceptions like Star Fox.Crude 3D gaming took root in the fifth (N64/PSX) generation of video game consoles, buoyed by gorgeous FMV sequences.But it wasn’t until the sixth generation where the......Oh, who am I kidding.I couldn’t do that to Hokius.Of course our song is from Kingdom Hearts III, which drops today in Japan and a couple days later stateside.Below is the final trailer which features Hikaru Utada’s theme song for the game (“Don’t Think Twice”).I don’t think is as good as “Simple and Clean” or “Sanctuary”, but you can be the judge:*Unfortunately, I won’t be playing KH3 for a while as it’s not being released on the Switch and I still have to catch up on the previous game first: Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS. It’s that time of year again!"Nothing brings a community together like fantasy baseball. Or divides it. Regardless http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , we’re going to do the whole fantasy sports thing again. Before reading this post, it is important to note that it is highly recommended you join the official Slack chat of the Fantasy Leagues, as it is used for conversing with other members, discussing trades, discussing league rules, and just having fun discussing the greatest sport on earth.Additionally, while all leagues are technically open to everyone, sometimes openings for the keeper leagues open in mid-season, and to fill those holes those already in the slack chat are given priority for the convenience of the entire league.Introduction to Current Community LeaguesOTM1 and OTM2 - These are veteran keeper leagues that have been around since 2010 and 2011, respectively. The league requires you to keep between three and five players with the rest of the roster being filled out by a draft in March. 16 teams, and Head to Head scoring. League managers of OTM1 and OTM 2 are BobZupcic and The Laser Show respectively.OTMD is a dynasty league that operates similarly to OTM1 and OTM2, except that it is larger (20 teams), and involves no re-draft. Teams keep all players from year to year. Openings are rare, and this is arguably the most time-intensive league. When this league does have openings, new owners are chosen almost entirely from the existing owner pool on the Slack chat. League Manager is AlohaSox.OTMS is a 14-team keeper league that operates under a totally different scoring system than the other leagues (All OTM leagues besides this one follow identical scoring, to provide a semblance of uniformity). OTMS differs, as it is a “sabermetric” league. OTMS follows the same keeper rules, but puts more of a value on sabermetric value, rather than relatively traditional fantasy point value. League manager is dsharp.OTMA - This is an auction league. League scoring is the same as the standard OTM leagues. The basic idea behind this league is that when it is your turn to “draft”, you put a player up to be bid on. Highest bid gets the player. This league will run with either 12 or 14 teams, depending on interest. League Manager is brogshan.OTMY - This is a standard league where all players will be in the player pool, and resets every individual season. As such, there are no keepers. Draft order will be determined by random chance in year one, with year two and beyond being determined by team record of returning owners, with new owners being sorted in randomly. Scoring will be the same as it is in all other leagues (besides S, obviously). This league will be run with 16 teams in 2019. Draft date to be voted on by league members. The league manager is me.How to Join Each LeagueTo join OTMY, it’s fairly simple, we’re going on a first come, first served basis up to 16 teams (including myself). Anyone beyond 16th in line being put on a waiting list of sorts. With enough interest, we will find a way to accommodate as many people as possible. I’ll be putting a comment in the section below, with the only requirement being that you post in response to my comment, saying you have interest. As I can message you, using my powers, you are not required to give out any contact information at this time. Additionally Asdrubal Cabrera Jersey , it should be noted that this league will give preference to NEW players to the OTM leagues. If you are, or were in an OTM league last year, you will be pushed to the waiting list first (the only reason I’m in the league is because someone has to be League Manager).To join OTMA, it won’t be strictly first come, first served. Express interest in the league, similarly to how you do so for OTMY above, and a vote among members of the league (as it happens with all other leagues) will be held to determine who gets limited spots. Presently, the league has 3-5 spots available. The returning keeper league with openings is OTM1. As mentioned above, A, and Y also have openings (and perhaps S). The openings will be posted below. To join one of these leagues, express interest in response to the comment(s) posted below. This is not on a first come, first served basis (except for Y). As veteran leagues, the community cares very deeply about ensuring the activity of members, and prospective members will be brought forth into a vote, to determine allocation of the team in question.What (Current) Teams are Presently Open?OTM1Team 1 - This team has Alex Bregman, Matt Carpenter, Edwin Encarnacion, Mike Moustakas, and Kyle Hendricks for potential keeper selections.Team 2 - This team has Jose Altuve, Kris Bryant, Xander Bogaerts, Starling Marte, and Lorenzo Cain as potential options.Team 3 -Potential keepers include Carlos Santana, Ozzie Albies, J.D. Martinez, Gerrit Cole, and David Price.OTM1 has a keeper lock date of 2/24/19, and a draft date of 3/3/19. Both dates are crucial to successful, active membership in the league. OTMAThere are three to five teams available in this league. There are no keepers, so there’s no information on the team. You’ll be drafting with a fresh slate! Presently, there is no draft date chosen for A. There will be one soon, once the league has filled. Join the Slack chat, and have your voice heard on when the draft date should be!OTMSThere may be openings. I’m not actually entirely sure if there are. OTMS doesn’t operate on the Slack chat, so it’s hard for me to be sure of the exact nature of the league’s status. I’m sure the LM will show up here if need be though http://www.metsfanproshop.com/authentic-tim-tebow-jersey , they usually do.What are the Rules?This stuff is all very important, so I suggest reading the by-laws, as voted by the community (but not yet ratified for 2019) for all information you could possibly want. Included in the by-laws is an overview of each league (similar to the one I have posted above), detailed rules regarding (but not limited to) draft dates, scoring, roster size, transaction limits, rules on trades (including draft pick trading), details on voting for rule changes, a link to the OTM Fantasy Hall of Fame, and the history of the top 3 of each league since its inception (though this has not yet been updated for the previous season)The community prides itself on having come up with these rules, and discussion happens frequently on a slack server, that league members will be invited to, and encouraged to join. It is not a requirement to join to play fantasy baseball, but it does help tremendously with negotiating trades, and talking with your fellow users about fantasy baseball.This may seem like a lot, but the community is generally an affable sort, and wants to share their fun with you. All the leagues I have mentioned, OTM1, OTM2, OTMD, OTMS, OTMA, and OTMY are all free leagues, with no buy in, and no prize, besides the thrill of victory and bragging rights.That’s my piece! Post below to express your interest in desired leagues. If something you see isn’t listed (maybe you want something crazy, like a straight points league, with no head to head), post it below as well.This article has been more or less re-used from last year’s, linked here. The times, teams, and rules have been updated accordingly. Don’t fix what isn’t broken.